Community ServiceService to the wider community is one of the hallmarks of life at St. Mark’s Episcopal School. Aware of just how richly blessed we are, we are also keenly aware of our responsibility to share those blessings with the less fortunate – in our community, in our nation, and in the world. Students respond to each initiative with enthusiasm, joy, and even a gentle spirit of competition.
Reaching out to others in service is part of being a full and honorable person. Over the years, the students have engaged in activities such as:
- Cell Phones for Soldiers (recycling old cell phones; calling cards are then given to service personnel)
- Shoes for Haiti (collection of gently used shoes for the children and adults of Haiti)
- Free Dress Days (the $1.00 donation for free dress days has gone to support any number of causes such as : Ronald McDonald House, Food Pantry at Church of the Intercession, The Pantry of Broward, Hurricane Relief, Earthquake Relief, Episcopal Charities, Hearts for the Homeless)
- Thanksgiving Food Collection
- Pennies for Pasta; Nickels for Noodles; Dimes for Dinners
- Christmas Gifts for Families in Distress
- Jubilee Soup Kitchen, Hollywood
- Hope Totes (toiletries in a plastic tote bag for the homeless)
- Support of the St. Laurence Chapel
The spirit of generosity and gratitude enlarges our hearts to work to assist those in need, who, like us, are all children of our loving God.