Saint Mark’s Episcopal School is a leading Fort Lauderdale independent school with a strong academic reputation and a parish day school. The school is an outreach mission of the Episcopal Church of St. Mark the Evangelist and adheres to the doctrine, discipline, and worship of the Episcopal Church. Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church and School offers a competitive salary and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with faculty, administration and staff dedicated to providing the finest academic program as well as supporting a parish that is dedicated to renewing its people and its faith by welcoming everyone into God’s community.
MMO CHILDCARE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: RECTOR OR ASSISTANT RECTOR
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Part-time
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. CDA preferred. Three years of childcare experience required. Three to five years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Selection, supervision and training of all childcare workers.
- Schedule staff per needs of the program.
- Review and approve all timekeeping for childcare workers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the budget.
- Planning and coordinating events.
- Marketing the program, including creating weekly newsletter.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care.
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks for children.
- Help children keep good hygiene.
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore their interests.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interests.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling.
- Provide opportunities for sleep and rest time.
- Build children’s esteem.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Implement positive discipline when required.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
Program is staffed on Thursdays and Fridays. Administrative functions are in addition to the program hours.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job related instruction and perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give such instruction or assignments.
If you are interested in a career with St. Mark’s Episcopal Church and School, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If there is a suitable match for your qualifications and background, we will contact you. Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church and School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.